Making Meeting Minutes Matter
|Request Communication Skills Training Information Online||Printer-Friendly PDF Version|
Tired of reading meeting minutes that confuse rather than clarify? Exasperated about meeting minutes that give a blow-by-blow synopsis of what was said, but not what was decided and who should do what before the next meeting? This four-hour session will present techniques to capture salient points in a discussion; to condense those points into concise, yet comprehensive, summaries of the issues; and to capture accompanying action items. Participants will practice these techniques during two simulated meetings.
- Understanding your role in the six meeting processes
- Creating a tell-all agenda as a framework to capture notes
- Using the MADE Format® to draft your meeting minutes
- Selecting salient points leading to conclusions and decisions
- Asking probing questions to clarify issues, conclusions, actions
- Being sensitive to special reactions and semantics in wording
- Creating an eye-appealing layout for easy review
Who Should Attend
Anyone who records meeting minutes
More Booher Publications...
Up to 20 participants
To Schedule This Meetings Skills Training